EU SOU ARCAICO
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

EU SOU ARCAICOEntrar

Fórum para homens a moda antiga

descriptionJack Donovan acerta em cheio EmptyJack Donovan acerta em cheio

more_horiz
If they’re telling me that something bad happened to them, I have to admit that in most cases I probably don’t care. Why should I care about the suffering of this stranger instead of that one?

If they’re telling me that I should change, I ask, “why?,” and if the only answer is to theoretically prevent the alleged and future suffering of some other group of people I don’t know or care about...then...my answer is: “Why bother?”

I’ll change to some extent to gain honor in the eyes of men I respect, personally or in the abstract, but why would I change to prevent the unhappiness of some stranger?

This idea that we are all each other’s shepherds, that we are all responsible for the happiness of all humankind, is paralyzing nonsense. At best, it keeps men busy arguing about things over which they have almost no control. At worst it makes men vulnerable to all sorts of manipulation by people who have already decided that they are disposable rubes--like naive retirees giving away their savings to charity grifters or high-living evangelists. Men end up giving away everything worth having to people who are ideologically incapable of even acknowledging their sacrifice.

http://www.radixjournal.com/journal/2014/10/31/i-dont-care

descriptionJack Donovan acerta em cheio EmptyRe: Jack Donovan acerta em cheio

more_horiz
Hahahaha

http://www.jack-donovan.com/axis/2014/08/death-to-urban-elves-2/

more_horiz
Essa constatação dele o faz um outsider, em seu próprio país. Se o mito americano-liberal diz que "todos são iguais", "todos tem uma oportunidade", "basta se esforçar para atingir o topo", etc...então, não é um absurdo concluir que todos devem ter atenção e ser amados, independente se for uma criança lá na Somália. Um americano, vendo esse texto, não deve entender nada do que ele está tentando dizer.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos
power_settings_newInicie sessão para responder